As the first lunar phase of the cycle, the new moon is a perfect time to cleanse and recharge our energy for the month ahead, and water is one of the most beautiful ways to do so. Bath time rituals during the new moon have long been practised by those looking to change their energy and set intentions for the days ahead.
For a truly magical bathing experience, try setting up a sacred space with the below steps and Urtekram’s Soft Wild Rose Range. After all, Rose is the best scent for the new moon, as the flower represents new life and have the ability to regenerate year on year, which reflects this empowering message back to ourselves.
- Turn the lights down low and light a candle, this will soothe the nervous system and provide a sense of calm and peace
- Cleanse the space with incense or sage to refresh the energy in your bathroom (especially if you share it with others)
- Set an intention for your bath time ritual. Ask yourself, how do I want this to make me feel? We recommend something that involves calling your power back to yourself!
- Run a bath and release a couple of handfuls of rose petals into the water as it falls – you could even pick these from nature yourself
- Rub your hands together with the Soft Wild Rose Body Wash (RRP £6.49) before using and take a moment to breathe in the floral aroma. 90% of all our energy comes from inhalation and 70% of all the toxins in the body are released through exhalations, so it’s important we take deep breaths to release any stagnant breath
- Once you feel ready to get out, pull the plug and as the water drains, imagine everything that no longer serves you going down with it, visualisation is a powerful tool!
- Lastly, apply the Soft Wild Rose Body Lotion (RRP £6.99) using a massage technique of upward strokes towards the heart. This will create energy flow and release feel good hormones in the body
And there you have it, a simple yet truly effective way to enter the new month and autumn season!